Today the Orthodontic industry has evolved and has become more easily accessible for treatments among adults. Earlier there were only a few treatments options were available. But today, with all modern options, there are no reasons to be unhappy with orthodontics treatments. Get a free Invisalign dentist London consultation if you are looking for crowding or spacing treatments, then several options are available in the market. These are probably much cheaper. Read this article to know better which type of braces will fit the right for you.
What are Dental Braces?
Dental braces are to correct crooked teeth or a bad bite. It is a device to straighten your teeth when the teeth of the two jaws are poorly aligned. Earlier braces were uncomfortable to use, metal contraptions that were painful to wear, and sometimes it leads to injury inside the mouth. But if you have noticed that nowadays the braces are more comfortable to wear and are less noticeable. The brackets are smaller and are attached to the back of the teeth, and are less visible. These days braces are available in metals, plastic, ceramic, or in a combination of materials.
Traditional braces are those types of braces that people used in earlier days. They are very classic types of braces, are very comprehensive, and are very effective in use. The cost of traditional braces cost from £1500 – £2,500.
Advantages of using Traditional braces:
- Useful for those with more severe and complex cases of misalignment or bite issues.
- Easily customizable, you can choose your favorite color.
- Traditional braces are more powerful, and you won’t have to worry about brackets chipping or cracking.
These braces are similar to traditional braces but have transparent or tooth-colored braces. It is one of the advantages to use a ceramic type of braces. Even the wires are off-white, so it’s not noticeable. It is also called clear braces. Because of the ceramic material in use, they are cause more limited discomfort and work faster than traditional braces. However, this is slightly expensive and cost from £2,000 to £4500.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces:
- It is less visible and less noticeable but is more comfortable to use.
- You need to visit your orthodontist on regular visits to check to ensure quality treatment.
It is the most hidden form of braces that are available to use. Lingual Braces have the same brackets and wires like traditional braces. These braces are placed on the back of the teeth, so it’s not noticeable. People who think ceramic is not comfortable for them can opt for Lingual braces. It is an affordable option and costs from £3,000 – £7500.
Advantages of Lingual Braces:
- The braces are hidden behind the teeth, so it is not visible.
- They fit comfortably on the back of your teeth, thus no discomfort.
- They always help to straighten your teeth.
- As they are placed behind the teeth so no tension of staining.
Bonding is not a popular treatment option but is one of the affordable braces with good results. Dental bonding uses a resin material used to correct irregularly shaped teeth and eliminate spaces or chipping. The average costing of this treatment is £200-350 per tooth. So if you are looking for a better smile, then bonding is an excellent choice for your budget.
Advantages of Dental Bonding:
- It is an invasive treatment and is a painless treatment.
- No frequent visits are required.
- Most affordable treatment.
- Great results immediately after treatment, no downtime required.
It is one of the best treatments if you are looking for a complete smile makeover. Usually, porcelain shells are placed over the teeth to correct tissues, crowding, discoloration, and spacing of teeth. It is one of the quick procedures that requires dedication and commitment. In this treatment, your dentist will prepare your teeth, and this process is irreversible, so you need to be ready for it. The cost of this treatment is between £600 to £12000 per tooth, thus one of the priciest options for dental transformation.
Advantages of Venners:
- It gives quick results and needs only one or two dental visits.
- It gives you the complete transformation in a short duration.
- This treatment is stain-resistant, and don’t worry about strain.
- Veneers are long-lasting treatments and last for about 10 to 15 years.
It is always a good idea to consult a dentist for a professional opinion. Do consider us if you are looking for any dental transformation. Every individual is different, so our treatments. It depends on your unique need and goals. We are confident with our treatments. Thus we suggest you the best treatment that perfectly suits your teeth and lifestyle.